Juknokwon (Bamboo Garden) and Jeonnam Provincial College
Namdo Food festival takes place every year in November. Its aim is to introduce a diverse food variety which is best represents the city of Namdo.
- Official event: Sangdal parade, sangdalje (praying ceremony), reception, opening and closing ceremony
- Performance: Gugak performance, nostalgia concert, cultural performance from city and county
- Exhibited food sampling and sales
- Cooking contest, special cooking contest for foreigner
- Subsidiary event, special event, and etc.
-Goheung: making pomegranate tea
-Naju: watching chick hatching
-Wando: making yuzu tea
-Haenam: making sweet and sour mushroom (beoseot tangsu)
-Gangjin: planting bean sprouts
-Gokseong: making onion handkerchief
-Yeosu: making Dolsan leaf mustard kimchi (gat kimchi)
-Youngam: crafting hanji (Korean traditional paper made with mulberry trees) mirror
-Suncheon: crafting bracelet with Chinese pearl barley (yulmu)
-Damyang: making hangwa (Korean traditional sweets and cookies)
HOW TO GET THERE:
From Yongsan Station (Seoul), take a train to Gwangju (광주).
From Gwangju Station, take local Bus 311 to Juknokwon.
From Central City Bus Terminal (Seoul), take an express bus to Damyang (담양).
From Damyang Bus Terminal, cross the road and take a Bongsan-Damyang (봉산, 담양) route bus.
Get off at the Juknokwon bus stop, and cross the road.